22 January 2012

Rookie Recipes – Easy Coconut Shrimp Curry



I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I don’t really know how to cook. I WISH I was exaggerating. Like I barely know how. The thought of coming up with an idea for a meal and then shopping for it and then actually making it STRESSES me out like you wouldn’t believe. I’d much rather spend my time painting or gluing something. But I have improved somewhat since getting married. It used to take me like 10 minutes to chop an onion…now it only takes like 8 :)  

I honestly didn’t think cooking would be that hard, I mean I lived on my own during university and I know I used to eat…I even had pots and stuff! And I can remember the kitchen wallpaper, so I obviously used to go in there…But now all the meals have to taste good and be nutritious and stuff, and there are supposed to be 2-3 a day?! Even making a sandwich gives me minor anxiety attacks: do I have all the ingredients? WHY didn’t I buy them last time I went shopping? Because I worried we wouldn’t use it all before it went bad, and then I’d be the Wasteful Wife... Anyway I think you get my point :)  

So when I find a recipe that's quick and easy by MY standards, I cherish it. For any other beginner cooks out there, when I say this is an Easy recipe, I mean there’s no WAY you can mess this up. And it tastes Soo good, just like a restaurant :) Check out the full recipe here.

There are a lot of ingredients, but once you have them on hand you can make this dish or even other curries again and again. And don’t even worry about measuring - I’ve doubled and tripled the spices and changed up the proportions considerably (accidentally on purpose :) and it always turns out fab! We also like adding the cashews at the end so they stay nice and crunchy :)

Bon appétit!


3 comments:

  1. Oooh that looks so good!! I love curry dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Looks fabulous! I will have to give this a try. Did you happen to notice you were mentioned on my blog the other day? ;o) I figure you have been busy and didn't get my email yet, so I wanted to let you know...

    http://www.justagirlintheworld.org/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for, oh, 30 mins now, so thought I'd say hi. I'm a new follower :)

    Jenny
    www.simoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete